English - the global language of communication
Throughout the modern history, the English-speaking countries have, somehow, dominated the global economy.
First, there was The Commonwealth
– the British colonies, which included
English was declared the official language of these colonies.
Then, in the last few
Nowadays, it is the European Union’s aim to achieve a greater degree of economic and monetary harmonization between the European countries and especially, the member states.
The European Union has its
roots in a desire to make
Therefore, the necessity of using a single, global language has become very obvious. Since 1944, the year the International Monetary System
was established, English has been the international language of communication in all domains.
This is proved by the
fact that English is frequently used in official documents of many
international organizations, treaties, contracts, negotiations and summits. Almost all the
personalities in the politics communicate their opinions and decisions in English,
for example, the European Parliament president Jose Maria Gil - Robles , in his speech on
International shipping business uses almost exclusively English.
The publishing of dictionaries like this one , all over the world, has made English a global language of communication, and it will probably be the same for a long time in the future.
Ultimele referate adaugate
- Mihai beniuc - „poezii"
- Mihai eminescu - student la berlin
- Mircea Eliade - Mioara Nazdravana (mioriţa)
- Chirita in provintie de Vasile Alecsandri -expunerea subiectului
- Dragoste de viata de Jack London
|Ion Luca Caragiale
- Triumful talentului… (reproducere) de Ion Luca Caragiale
- Fantasticul in proza lui Mircea Eliade - La tiganci
- „Personalitate creatoare” si „figura a spiritului creator” eminescian
- Enigma Otiliei de George Calinescu - geneza, subiectul si tema romanului
- Arta literara in romanul Ion, - Liviu Rebreanu