I want to tell you something about
It is a fantastic City, some call it the most exiting city in the world. It is also the home of the United Nations.
But before I tell you something about the population
and the most interesting cultural attractions in
400 years ago – as we heard – the area of today’s
The Indians, who
lived there, sold the land to the Dutch.
In the following centuries people from all over Europe came to
So the city of
It became a city with many ethnic groups .Today
They have their own quarters in City.
The Afro-Americans live in
the Chinese in
Most of the Germans and Hungarians settled
in the East-Side of
Jewish people in the
When people from all over the world came to
their own culture
that includes their music,
but also their way of living
and their way of
The black people for example created jazz music, they used
to play in big halls as well as in small clubs, that were mostly located in Harlem
in the north of
important - for example – is the Jewish Culture in
This city has got almost 200 theatres and 2 big opera-houses.
The most popular is the Metropoltian Opera.
Hall is the home of
There are also excellent Ballets and Dance Groups.
But the centre of entertainment in
The worlds most famous musicals first came out there – for example “West Side Story”, “Cabaret”, ”The beauty and the Beast” or “Phantom of the Opera”. Now I want to play a small part from a Musical on Broadway. The musical is called “Rent”.
Some of the most famous museums are The Guggenheim Museum, The Museum of Modern Art, which the New Yorkers call MOMA or the Metropolitan Museum of Art
There are also thousands of galleries all over the town.
May be one of the most exiting art in
The Twin Towers of the World Trade Centre
were the highest buildings – now the
My advice for you: “Don’t
miss to visit
Ultimele referate adaugate
- Mihai beniuc - „poezii"
- Mihai eminescu - student la berlin
- Mircea Eliade - Mioara Nazdravana (mioriţa)
- Chirita in provintie de Vasile Alecsandri -expunerea subiectului
- Dragoste de viata de Jack London
|Ion Luca Caragiale
- Triumful talentului… (reproducere) de Ion Luca Caragiale
- Fantasticul in proza lui Mircea Eliade - La tiganci
- „Personalitate creatoare” si „figura a spiritului creator” eminescian
- Enigma Otiliei de George Calinescu - geneza, subiectul si tema romanului
- Arta literara in romanul Ion, - Liviu Rebreanu