Tom Cruise was born in 1962 and he is an american motion-picture actor, who became a celebrity in the 1980s after his performance in Risky Business (1983), a satire of suburban adolescence. In the 1990s Cruise became one of the world’s most popular film stars.
Cruise received praise for his performance in Rain Man (1988), in which he played the brother of an autistic man. In Born on the Fourth of July (1989), he portrayed a veteran of the Vietnam War (1959-1975) who becomes an antiwar activist. For his performance Cruise won the Golden Globe Award as best actor in a drama. His other films of the late 1980s and early 1990s include Cocktail (1988), about a bartender; Days of Thunder (1990), about a race car driver; Far and Away (1992), about Irish immigrants to the United States in the late 19th century; A Few Good Men (1992), which concerns the murder trial of two marines; and The Firm (1993), about corruption in a prestigious law firm. Although his works during this period earned a mixed reception from critics, Cruise’s popularity with motion-picture audiences grew dramatically.
In 1993 Cruise made his directing debut with “The Fabulous Frammis,” an
episode of the cable-television miniseries Fallen
Angels. In 1994 he appeared in Interview
with the Vampire, and in 1996 he starred as agent Ethan Hunt in
In 1999 Cruise and his wife, Nicole Kidman, costarred in the thriller Eyes Wide Shut. In 2000 Cruise won the Golden
Globe Award as best supporting actor for his role in Magnolia (1999), which tells the interlocking stories of several
characters in the San Fernando Valley in southern
Ultimele referate adaugate
- Mihai beniuc - „poezii"
- Mihai eminescu - student la berlin
- Mircea Eliade - Mioara Nazdravana (mioriţa)
- Chirita in provintie de Vasile Alecsandri -expunerea subiectului
- Dragoste de viata de Jack London
|Ion Luca Caragiale
- Triumful talentului… (reproducere) de Ion Luca Caragiale
- Fantasticul in proza lui Mircea Eliade - La tiganci
- „Personalitate creatoare” si „figura a spiritului creator” eminescian
- Enigma Otiliei de George Calinescu - geneza, subiectul si tema romanului
- Arta literara in romanul Ion, - Liviu Rebreanu