British system of government
He or She, this time it is Queen Elizabeth the second, has no real power. She signs the laws, which are made by the members of the House of Commons. And the speech she makes every year when parliament is opened is written by the prime minister. She is only a representative.
The Queen appoints the Prime Minister and the members of the house of lords.
The Prime Minister is the most
powerful man in
He is the leader of the strongest party in parliament. The Prime minister chooses the Cabinet Ministers, who are very powerful. There is for example one minister of trade or one minister of health. The cabinet ministers make the most important laws.
There are two houses of parliament
The members of the House of commons make the laws.
The members of the House of commons and as a consequence the Prime Minster are elected by every Briton over 18. A few centuries ago for example woman were not allowed to vote. But since the revolution of 1688 they are entitled to vote.
Ultimele referate adaugate
- Mihai beniuc - „poezii"
- Mihai eminescu - student la berlin
- Mircea Eliade - Mioara Nazdravana (mioriţa)
- Chirita in provintie de Vasile Alecsandri -expunerea subiectului
- Dragoste de viata de Jack London
|Ion Luca Caragiale
- Triumful talentului… (reproducere) de Ion Luca Caragiale
- Fantasticul in proza lui Mircea Eliade - La tiganci
- „Personalitate creatoare” si „figura a spiritului creator” eminescian
- Enigma Otiliei de George Calinescu - geneza, subiectul si tema romanului
- Arta literara in romanul Ion, - Liviu Rebreanu